For more than 70 years, the Manual of the American Society of Cinematographers has been the key technical resource for cinematographers around the world. Chemical Wedding and the ASC have partnered to bring to you the core data of the Manual for the iPhone or iPod Touch in the form of the Toland ASC Digital Assistant.
It is entirely appropriate to name this application in honor of Gregg Toland, ASC, one of cinema’s most groundbreaking artists. With this venture and more to follow, the ASC is expanding its outreach and influence to future cinematographers and the working professional by creating tools that reflect how we work today. These tools reflect the Society’s ongoing mission to educate, inform and influence cinematographers everywhere.
- Comprehensive database of cameras and lenses
- Exposure calculator covering camera speed, shutter angle & filter factor
- Running time and footage calculator
- "Flicker Free" warning indicator
- Depth of Field calculator with clever focus marks
- Angle of View indicator with pretty picture
- Full camera data logging which can be exported for reporting
- Pocket voodoo